We can not let you know if you will need a CNI to have hitched. You have to ask the getting authority
Certificates of No Impediment to wedding (CNI)
We could issue Certificates of No Impediment to Marriage (CNI) overseas.
Most of the time, you may not require it.
Nevertheless the authority that is receiving ask you for any other papers from Australia. This consists of Solitary Reputation Certificates, No Record Result Certificates and Divorce Certificates. You will get these from the registry of births, fatalities and marriages in Australia.
Certifying photographs and copies of initial papers
We could approve photographs and real copies of papers offshore.
We cannot inform you if you’d like a picture or copy that is true, or if perhaps DFAT should do it. Ask the obtaining authority for you if you need it certified and who can do it.
Most of the time, you’ll find a nearby authorised person to get it done for your needs.
In the event that you still require DFAT to complete it, observe how to request our notarial solutions.
Real copies of papers
We could photocopy your original document, and certify it is a real content.
- Papers must certanly be Australian, or even for use within Australia.
- We use the certification that is following it: « this really is a real content for the document offered to me ». This might be DFAT approved wording. We will not change it.
- We do not approve or endorse the articles in your document. We just certify the content is identical.
We are able to approve that the photograph is of you.
- The picture needs to be for usage in Australia. Whether it’s for local usage, you may want to find an authority that is local certify it.
- When the consular official confirms you will be the individual within the image and places your legitimate picture recognition, they are going to approve it. (suite…)